Welcome

St. Nicholas Episcopal Church of Kapolei Hawaii has held "Covenant Group" meetings for about 10 years. These groups meet weekly for fellowship, prayer and reflection on the readings and the sermon from the previous week. This blog is an attempt to offer the prayer and reflection as an on-going basis. The challenges of schedules and more prevent many members from participating in our groups, perhaps this will allow for additional participation. I will post readings and questions - please answer the questions and contribute as you're comfortable in the comment sections. Blessings

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Look - grace and love

Saying good-bye can be tough.  Good-bye to a loved one as they lay dying.  Good-bye to a close friend who moves away to another continent.  Good-bye even to buildings as they get torn down and replaced by newer, bigger and better.  

1.        What are some good-byes that you’ve had to make in your life?  Which sticks with you the most, and why?  
2.        Will it be hard for you to say good-bye to IPA on Sunday mornings?  

3.        What, if anything, have you missed about being in a “real” church building?  

1 comment:

  1. 1. Good-byes . . . oh my. Good-bye to my hometown, something I didn't think I'd do while I was growing up there. Good-bye to the State, didn't see that coming either. Good-bye at seminary, good-byes in Alaska. Good-byes to some dear-dear-dear loved ones.

    2. Yes. Well . . . not so much IPA, but moving out of Kapolei is tough. I'm excited at the prospects we face, but it's not without it's challenges for sure. The world is changing and the church must too. I think sometimes we've changed so much as a church that we think we've done our bit . . . but we must continue to change.

    3. Interesting. Perhaps an office. Working from home certainly has it's perks, but it's challenging too! I miss having dedicated space for that where we worship too, access to resources I'd have there, space to meet with folks etc. There are other things that I miss about a "real" church, but suspect most of what I miss is convenience factor stuff.

    ReplyDelete