Welcome

St. Nicholas Episcopal Church of Kapolei Hawaii has held "Covenant Group" meetings for about 10 years. These groups meet weekly for fellowship, prayer and reflection on the readings and the sermon from the previous week. This blog is an attempt to offer the prayer and reflection as an on-going basis. The challenges of schedules and more prevent many members from participating in our groups, perhaps this will allow for additional participation. I will post readings and questions - please answer the questions and contribute as you're comfortable in the comment sections. Blessings

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book - Habit and Habitat

BOOK – Matthew 11:25-30
This week when we concentrated on the blessing of our animal friends, we read a very comforting passage of Christ's promise to us. 

1.   What stands out the most for you in this scripture?
2.   Jesus says, “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”  How does this apply to our bad habits?

3.   Jesus says, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  What good habits can be built on this scripture?

Matthew 11:25-30

Jesus said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment