Welcome

St. Nicholas Episcopal Church of Kapolei Hawaii has held "Covenant Group" meetings for about 10 years. These groups meet weekly for fellowship, prayer and reflection on the readings and the sermon from the previous week. This blog is an attempt to offer the prayer and reflection as an on-going basis. The challenges of schedules and more prevent many members from participating in our groups, perhaps this will allow for additional participation. I will post readings and questions - please answer the questions and contribute as you're comfortable in the comment sections. Blessings

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Look - walking the line


For those who may joining us in progress . . . the LBT is truly a reflection on the Gospel, along with the sermon that was preached in our church.  If you weren't in church (or want a refresher) the sermon is available online, see the column to the right, or search "Fr. Paul" on iTunes

Certain tasks take complete and undivided attention to accomplish. Like driving on unfamiliar roads during a heavy thunderstorm with passengers in the car. Carrying a tray of boiling hot water across the kitchen when the cat is underfoot, or walking across the Grand Canyon on a 2-inch cable.
  1. What takes your full and constant attention to accomplish?

  2. What would you not want to be distracted by while doing?

  3. Are there any things you can do well simultaneously? 

1 comment:

  1. Distracted? Me? Well, I'd like to think this happens in some good ways too (church camp, right?)

    I tend to multitask at home a fair amount. I can do this well when it comes to laundry, dishes, and those kinds of odds and ends. Often I listen to a podcast or scripture while I do these things. I also have found that praying and preparing for a sermon or other teaching/talks happens as I go about my day (driving sometimes leaves the mind free for thinking, especially at a traffic light.

    Other tasks, like actually writing out content or leading worship require my full attention. I have tried to become more intentionally of setting aside distractions and giving my full attention to things that I have not always done this for -- my children sometimes suffer my multitasking, I'm trying to insure they have my undivided attention more. Also, I've tried to give up doing secondary tasks if I'm on the phone.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete